In association with Kinloch Anderson, kiltmakers to HRH The Queen, you may hire a kilt for your journey on board the Belmond Royal Scotsman. Alternatively, purchase your very own tailor-made Highland Dress.
We recommend Premium Kilt Hire from Kinloch Anderson. Please speak to your reservations agent and they will put you in contact.
Highland Dress Service
If you choose to have your own Highland Dress tailor-made for you, Kinloch Anderson can incorporate your family tartan or the navy, plum and mulberry tartan of Belmond Royal Scotsman.
The morning before you board the train, you will be collected from your hotel and transferred to the Kinloch Anderson showroom for your fitting. 8-10 weeks later, your handcrafted garments will be couriered to your home – a wonderful memento of your time on board. While your dress is being tailored, a complimentary set of Highland Dress will be provided for you to wear for the duration of your journey.
There is a range of custom-made Kinloch Anderson garments to choose from:
- Traditional gentleman's kilt in 13oz wool tartan from £490
- Argyle cut jacket in smoky blue or rich burgundy velvet from £495
- Tartan trousers in 13oz wool from £240
- Matching tartan waistcoat with nickel-plated buttons from £185
Ladies highland attire:
- Ladies 'Borders' skirt with lace-trimmed hem from £245
- Ladies 'Highland Fling' long silk skirt with sash tie from £230
Please contact us to pre-book your fitting.
Prefer to talk?